Saturday, January 06, 2007

March on

Made it through another crazy shopping season! I really only endure that because it is fun to get things for other people. The part I like is the Christmas music. I think I know more Christmas music from memory than any other kind. I also like seeing the lights, especially with snow on the ground or falling through the air making the lights glisten.

That said, this year we didn't have much snow. We traveled almost 2000 miles round trip clear up to Gaylord, MI in search of snow, without success. Along the way we stopped at Berrien Springs to see my dad and Freda. We also got to see Chuck and David. I haven't seen Chuck in years, so it was especially good to see him. The house is familiar yet strange at the same time. I never seem to get over the fact that I planted most of the trees in the yard, and that at one time I could touch the top of all of them. Under one tree are buried all our fallen pets.





Carrie asked to go to the beach. That was exactly what I wanted to do too. We went to Waco Beach, Warren Dunes, and the light house in Benton Harbor, all pleasant memories for me. I used to go to the beach two or three times a week, when I had gas money. Having a digital camera made taking photos of the seagulls much less difficult, for an old spinthrift like me. I took more shots than I have ever done in my life.















We left Berrien Springs after Christmas and headed for Grayling. That is where Camp Au Sable is. On the way the sky became more and more overcast. It looked like we were going to get snow. Well, as long as we stayed on US 131 it did snow a little bit, but as soon as we turned east away from Lake Michigan, the snow stopped. Reminded me of the last winter camp I was at in 1980.

1 comment:

Ryan and Jaclyn said...

Nice seagull pictures! I totally agree about the digital photography thing, it makes taking pictures so much more fun. Nobody wants to spend the $$$ to develop 50 pictures when you can pick one or two out of the 50.